I designed my first web page in 1996. Since then I’ve
- received an M.S. in Computer and Information Science with an emphasis in Human Computer Interaction
- ridden my motorcycle across Western Canada
- managed a half million dollar multi-national software project (Java)
- baked several wedding cakes, including my own
- worked for the Washington National Guard G6 (as a civilian Sharepoint consultant)
- cooked dinner for more than 100, more than a few times
- published photography in a national magazine
Eclectic list? Yes! I believe work and life should exist in balance, and I strive for that balance over time. I enjoy WordPress and web design, so in 2010 I chose this focus for my coding time. One year later I launched a micropress and we’re currently working on our 6th book. In between I have a number of hobbies that help keep me engaged and interested.
One thing is consistent across my activities: I value a clean concise and effective presentation, whether it’s a meal for my Synagogue, or a site for a small non-profit.